Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Park Lane Birthday / NAC

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Veteran's Day! I wish I had realized the timing of today's card, I would have done something more in line with this special day. So, No Veteran's Day Card but a Big Shout out to all the Veterans and their families. Never Forget that Freedom isn't Free!

I was so happy with how this card turned out and even better, it's recipient Loved it! The Nachos have a sketch challenge for you this week and I used it to make a birthday card for one of our doctors. She is so sweet and just absolutely elegant. I decided to use my new favorite DSP, Park Lane, for her card and it just evolved. In the end it reminded me of her and made me so happy. I'm soooo excited to share it with you and I hope you like it too.

I almost turned the card to landscape mode, but I had already mounted the smaller strip of DSP and it would have changed the look of the sketch a little too much for me. What do you think?

Here's this week's sketch-


Love this sketch! So Versatile.

Here's a close-up of my focal point-



This is the first time I think I've used the Spiral Flower Die for a card. I picked the Daffodil Delight because it was in the coordinating DSP that I used for the panel. I sponged both sides of the flower with the Blackberry Bliss so it looked pretty from all angles. I used a bamboo skewer to lightly curl the edges of the petals. I wanted a little bit of bling and couldn't find anywhere to put it. Then I had a little moment of inspiration and pulled out my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities and colored one of our retired Large Jewels. Adhered it with a pool of Hot Glue and I think it really adds an unexpected bit of pretty. I also embossed the sentiment with Clear Embossing powder for a little extra texture. 

I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of the inside. I used the large Blended Bloom flower as an accent on the inside. Sorry about that. :(

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to play along with us this week. I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain. 

Be Safe-
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan