Tuesday, June 10, 2014

You've Got Us / NAC #93

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. I hope you're having a good week so far. The Nacho's have a Sketch challenge for you this week. I can't wait to see what you create!

I have a co-worker that's having surgery this week to rule out Lung Cancer. She's already had a biopsy and they need to do a bigger section. She's an Army Lt. Col. and doesn't strike me as girly-girly and certainly not frou-frou, but I wanted something that was really bright and cheery. Here's what I came up with-


I know, I know, this paper is retired, but I haven't had the time or the money to order the new, and this is so cheery and perfect for this card! Not only that, but I had plenty left, so why not use it? :) The layer beneath the white c/s is also DSP, it's the gingham check.

Here's a close up of the flower. This is definitely not a mailable card unless you were going to put it in a box. This is definitely not going in an envelope. there are 7 punched flowers, 4 Daffodil Delight and 3 Whisper White, all with Daffodil Delight sponged on the edges. I used a brad to hold them together and then topped it with a rhinestone I colored with my blendabilities.


Here's the sketch we have this week-




Because there are a lot of people at work that will want to sign this I put W.W. c/s on both sides.



 Here's a look at the individual sides-



Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope you decide to play along with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with! As always, if you have any questions about today's card, be sure to leave me a comment below and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are dry appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm . It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe-
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan