Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Special Someone /NAC #91

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. I hope you had a safe and happy Memorial Day spent with family and friends and didn't end up with a sunburn. :) Sorry this is late. These 3 day weekends really throw off my schedules. The Nacho's have a Sketch Challenge for you this week, and I have a confession to make. When I looked at it on line, I thought the base was just a background. So mine, looks  a little different from everyone else's. On the upside, I used DSP as a background which I rarely do. :)

I needed a card for my upline- Robin's birthday.  So it needed to either be Vintage, something I rarely do, and just didn't have time or the energy to stress over (since my PTSD has been stressing me enough) or something outside my comfort zone- I chose the latter. Here's what I came up with-


So....

1- It's pretty Clean and Simple
2- DSP as a Background
3- Embellishments. 2 of them!
I know it sounds pretty simple, put the only way she would have been more surprise would have been  1- Vintage, 2- A 1-Layer card, 3- A card that was Crumpled & Torn.

Remember how I said I didn't quite get the sketch right? Here's this week's sketch-

I got part of it right it you flip it on it's side. :)


 I was trying to figure out how to get the words lined up evenly (even with the SAMJ) when it hit me that if I just off-set them I wouldn't need to worry. *Lightbulb Moment* Then, I stamped the inside with the pretty little present from sketched birthday and added dazzling diamonds to it but then I wrote my message before I took my pictures. *headdesk*

Love this font!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card, and I hope you decide to play along with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with!. As always, if you have any questions, please leave me a comment so I can be sure to answer them.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated. Till Next time.

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about 
Waiting for the Storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan